Author Topic: Test Only  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Magz

• The Doctor
    • View Profile
Test Only
« on: June 18, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »
Vote Saxon

Roleplay => Eclectic Roleplay => Topic started by: Earth Defence on August 04, 2011, 04:29:59 PM

Title: A Fallen Angel
Post by: Earth Defence on August 04, 2011, 04:29:59 PM
On a decaying wall down a dark street in the city of Glasgow, a sinister collage was beginning to assemble. As people passed, they would be watched by the empty eyes of the inhabitants of old photographs plastered to the wall, photographs of people who were born in 2011 but living their lives a long time ago or away. These people were not linked in any way: they were all of random race, age, religion, and all other characteristics. One word linked them, appearing next to every photograph and on every poster: MISSING.
Title: Re: A Fallen Angel
Post by: Magz on August 04, 2011, 06:09:42 PM
WPC Rebecca Shaw looked upon the photographs. She had been assigned to keep an eye of the rapidly growing 'shrine' which had began to attract media attention. No one knew who had pinned the first photographs there, or even why that particular place. As she kept watch, she couldn't help but be reminded of a certain incident in which she'd tried to help a certain Paul McKenzie, locate a missing friend of his. They never had found her.
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 07:27:45 PM
In the cemetery Walter was setting up some equipment. On his head he wore the strangest hat, there were four hamster balls attached to the brim, each hamster ball contained a hamster.
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 07:31:49 PM
Rebecca spotted some movement in the cemetery and a flash of metal. She hurried inside to see what was going on.

"What's going on here?" she asked, gaping with open astonishment at a man with what looked like hamster balls on his head. On closer inspection, she saw they were indeed hamster balls. "Now I've seen everything..." she shook her head. "Come along sir. Think you'd better go home now."
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 07:36:47 PM
"Oh hello officer, just checking the cemetery for temporal backwash."
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 07:42:26 PM
Rebecca sighed. Great, another nutter. Just what she needed.

"Seriously sir. Just collect your... stuff and go home, before I have to caution you for disturbance of the peace...." She tried to contain her smile.
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 07:48:46 PM
"I'm not breaking any law." protested Walter, "I'm just trying to find those poor unfortunates that have gone missing."
Post by: Earth Defence on August 08, 2011, 08:00:08 PM
Back at the Missing Shrine, a young man had sat down facing it, with a newspaper and a coffee in his hands. He got out a pen and began the Sudoku.
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 08:06:06 PM
"Don't you worry sir, that's our job," Rebecca cast a careful eye on the equipment assessing if it posed any danger.
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
"With all due respect officer, you are hardly qualified to comprehend the intricacies of a four dimensional manifold in a twelve dimensional hypercube."
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 08:28:20 PM
"Perhaps not, but I am qualified to have to arrested if need be. Can I see your identification sir?"
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 08:29:51 PM
Walter handed Rebecca a card.
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 08:40:56 PM
Rebecca took the card and looked at it. She then looked at him. "BURPSS?" She sighed.
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 08:47:00 PM
"Yes, you may have heard of us. Men in Black, Ealing, last year?"
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 08:50:42 PM
"Men in Black?" Something tugged at the far reaches of her memory. "So, does that thing actually work?" She couldn't believe she was actually asking the question.
Post by: Zeg on August 08, 2011, 08:59:05 PM
"What? The temporal anomaly detector or the hat?"
Post by: Magz on August 08, 2011, 09:00:11 PM
"Both?" She shook her head. Ridiculous! "Just go home sir."
Post by: Zeg on August 10, 2011, 06:12:28 PM
"Well the temporal anomaly detector is one of Melvin Minton (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Melvin_Minton)'s finest inventions. It can detect decaying chronotons and indicate a temporal vector. As for the hat, well that's my own invention, it keeps the angels away." Walter tapped a hamster ball.
Post by: Magz on August 10, 2011, 06:15:47 PM
Rebecca's smile faltered. "Angels?"
Post by: Zeg on August 10, 2011, 07:10:38 PM
Walter pointed to the far corner of the cemetery, "You see that statue over there?"
Post by: Magz on August 10, 2011, 07:12:06 PM
Rebecca looked over at the indicated statue. She suppressed a shiver. "Yes."
Post by: Zeg on August 10, 2011, 07:22:45 PM
"Has it moved since you got here?" asked Walter.
Post by: Magz on August 10, 2011, 07:29:19 PM
"No! Don't be ridiculous! It's a statue!"  Rebecca was completely unimpressed. "Right, that's enough sir. This is a place of tranquility and you are not showing adequate respect. I suggest you leave now or I'll no choice but to issue you with a caution." She pulled out her notebook.
Post by: Zeg on August 12, 2011, 07:17:52 PM
"There you are you see!" said Walter triumphantly tapping a hamster ball, "It works."
Post by: Magz on August 12, 2011, 07:20:04 PM
Rebecca raised an eyebrow. "Out. Now."
Post by: Zeg on August 12, 2011, 07:23:06 PM
"Yes officer." said Walter, "Err I don't suppose you could give me a hand with my erection?"
Post by: Magz on August 12, 2011, 07:26:16 PM
"Right! That's it! I'm booking you!" Rebecca got out her notebook.
Post by: Zeg on August 12, 2011, 07:32:58 PM
"I meant the temporal anomaly detector." Walter pointed to something that looked like a cross between a theodolite, a telescope and a giant egg timer.
Post by: Magz on August 12, 2011, 07:36:52 PM
"Yes. Of course!" Rebecca felt stupid. "Now please sir!"
Post by: Zeg on August 14, 2011, 10:41:51 AM
Walter started to dissemble the temporal anomaly detector.

Unnoticed by anyone, one of the hamsters in his hat had fallen asleep.
Post by: Magz on August 14, 2011, 10:44:50 AM
Rebecca watched as Walter went to work. Glancing up again, she frowned. Surely that Angel statue he'd mentioned earlier had been closer to the wall? She shook her head. All this crazy talk was making her imagine things.
Post by: Zeg on August 14, 2011, 10:49:07 AM
"Now this bit goes here, and that bit goes there, or does this bit go there, and that bit go here?" Walter muttered to himself.
Post by: Saxon on August 15, 2011, 09:32:27 PM
She had watched the number of missing posters accumulated over the days. She went by and checked every day. Not one was ever found. Today she saw a young man standing there with his cup of coffee. She hadn't seen him before. She decided that she would leave him alone. She continued to walk towards the cemetery, she saw two people crouched down. She thought that was a bit odd. Then she saw the angel. It had moved since she had walked by before. She made her way over to the people. "Hello." 

Be Ready