Author Topic: Karma makes a comeback!  (Read 3117 times)

Sam

Karma makes a comeback!
« on: March 16, 2009, 11:06:21 pm »
Those of you who were here right when this forum started might remember the Karma system.  Basically, you can 'applaud' or 'smite' a user to add or subtract from their popularity rating.  Amazingly it seems that the Karma ratings from way back before still remain!

This has been enabled on a trail basis, so let me know what you think and how it's going.

Offline Earth Defence

• Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
Re: Karma makes a comeback!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:35:29 am »
KARMA'S BACK!!!

Offline Zeg

• The Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:56 am »
Yay! Karma!

I notice that you can give Karma every hour, personally I think this is too frequent. Karma should be something that is precious and only given out when someone does something exceptional.

Under the old site you could only give karma once every 6 hours, I think even this is to frequent and would suggest once a day. That would help redress the balance between players that are on less frequently, some of us are on nearly all day, others just pop on for an hour or two in the evening. As most players are on at least once a day it would give everyone roughly the same karma giving ability.

Offline Magz

• The Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:31:24 am »
KARMA!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

It's great being able to show folks how much you like a particularly great post they've written :D

Be Ready

Offline Vote Saxon Admin

• Staff Member - Forum Admin
  • Slitheen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:24:42 pm »
Aren't we glad we've got Sam to do all this!!