Author Topic: The Steel In The Snow  (Read 57462 times)

Offline Earth Defence

  • Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • ******
  • Posts: 5237
  • Karma: 148
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
The Steel In The Snow
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:47:15 pm »
It is Christmas-time, 1851. Snow is falling and people are in a jovial mood. But in one part of London, spirits are dampened by the kidnapping of several young men. Tales of metal men are rife. Tales of the steel in the snow...

Offline Ann

  • Jagrafess
  • ****
  • Posts: 1814
  • Karma: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:39:49 pm »
Catherine was waiting anxiously by the shop entrance.  She really hoped he'd turn up soon, she couldn't wait much longer, her alibi would only last for another 10 minutes, and then she'd have to head home.  If her parent knew she were really here instead of at Louisa's house!  She settled back against the wall, pulling her shawl closer to her as small protection against the cold, hoping that he wouldn't let her down.

Online Magz

  • The Doctor
  • *********
  • Posts: 46611
  • Karma: 282
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:42:33 pm »
Mattie Kendal made her way through the snowcovered streets.  She had wondered into this area quite by accident and had begun to get a little nervous as she glanced around her unfamiliar surroundings.

The streets were a little quieter here, and those she came across appeared rather nervous.

Be Ready

Offline Earth Defence

  • Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • ******
  • Posts: 5237
  • Karma: 148
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:36:57 am »
A young lady in a glamourous red dress approached Catherine. She had dark hair tied above her head and a sinister air about her.

"My dear, you must be freezing! Would you like to come to my home? I have hot tea and a burning fire." She gave Catherine a look as if to say that it would be inadvisable to say no.

Offline Ann

  • Jagrafess
  • ****
  • Posts: 1814
  • Karma: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:52:56 pm »
"Well, I'm supposed to be waiting for someone."
She looked up and down the street.  There was no sign of him, and there was something about this lady that suggested it would not be wise to say no.  At least it was probably more appropriate than waiting here.
"Still, it looks as thought they're not coming, and a warm fire sounds very good right now."

Offline Earth Defence

  • Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • ******
  • Posts: 5237
  • Karma: 148
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 01:59:57 pm »
"Follow me. What's your name?" The lady asked as they walked across the road and down an alleyway. The lady hoped that the girl wouldn't notice they were heading in the cemetsry's direction...

Offline Ann

  • Jagrafess
  • ****
  • Posts: 1814
  • Karma: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 02:03:37 pm »
"Catherine." Was the reply.  She looked around.  She didn't know this area very well, but she thought there was a cemetery nearby.  If she remembered rightly her granddad was buried there.

Just then the bells chimed, her time was up.

"Oh no! I'm really sorry, and it's was a very kind offer, but I need to go home.  My parents will be worried if I don't get back soon."

Offline Earth Defence

  • Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • ******
  • Posts: 5237
  • Karma: 148
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 02:34:01 pm »
"Oh dear." She carefully pulled the sleeve of her dress up her arm revealing a watch-like contraption on her wrist.

She pressed a button in the centre and the sound of clanking metal began to come from nearbye.

Offline Ann

  • Jagrafess
  • ****
  • Posts: 1814
  • Karma: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 04:52:12 pm »
"What's happening?"  Catherine was a little scared now, and all the stories of the missing young men came to the front of her mind.  She picked up her skirts and started running.

Offline rosefan42

  • Cyberman
  • ****
  • Posts: 782
  • Karma: 110
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:30 pm »
Briggitte Tannerson ran down the streets of London, shivering in the biting cold. Tales of metal men? If she was right, that could only mean one thing...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:04:30 pm by rosefan42 »
We are ready. So so ready.
_________________________________
<object width="512" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fdoctorwho%2Fplaylists%2Fmisc%2Fvideo%2F11th%

Online Magz

  • The Doctor
  • *********
  • Posts: 46611
  • Karma: 282
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 09:24:14 am »
Mattie was beginning to feel a panic rise within her. It seemed that the more she tried to find her way back to familiar surroundings the more lost she became. She began to notice the furtive and ominous glances she was getting from those that she passed in the streets.

Be Ready

Offline Earth Defence

  • Keeper of the Timeline
  • Dalek
  • ******
  • Posts: 5237
  • Karma: 148
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 11:09:44 am »
"What's happening?"  Catherine was a little scared now, and all the stories of the missing young men came to the front of her mind.  She picked up her skirts and started running.

"Oh dear." She pressed a couple of more buttons on her wrist-device, sending a signal to her henchman to converge on the girl.

Online Magz

  • The Doctor
  • *********
  • Posts: 46611
  • Karma: 282
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:20 am »
Mattie gripped her shawl tightly around herself as she quickened her pace. Her sense of unease was becoming stronger and stronger.

Be Ready

Offline Zeg

  • The Doctor
  • *********
  • Posts: 48687
  • Karma: 391
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 12:38:02 pm »
Mr. and Mrs. Witherspoon were out for an evening stroll in the snowy streets of London. They had just been to see the doctor and he had given the wonderful news, after all these years God had granted them the gift of a baby.

Offline Ann

  • Jagrafess
  • ****
  • Posts: 1814
  • Karma: 98
    • View Profile
Re: The Steel In The Snow
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 02:02:45 pm »
Catherine kept running.  She glanced behind her and it didn't seem that the lady in crimson was following her, but the clanking noise was getting louder.  She started running a little bit faster.  She could see the streets with lights not too far off, she should be able to make it.